1.04.2011

30 Day Photo Challenge - Day Three

Day 3 - A picture of the cast from your favorite show.


My favorite show EVER is Friends. I started watching it when I was very young, probably just a couple years after it premiered in 1994. I remember anticipating every Thursday night when a new one would come on. I had "The Best of Friends" on VHS (which consisted of random episodes) until  they started releasing the seasons on DVD, which I then bought promptly. The day the series finale aired, I cut out a clipping from the nwspaper titled, "Good-Bye, Good Friends" and then proceeded to bawl my eyes out later that night while watching the last episode. (I still have that clipping). I continue to watch my seasons ALL the time. It never gets old and it always makes me happy. It's a comfort thing and no matter what kind of day I'm having, I will be comforted if I put on a season of Friends. I also rock at the Friends Scene It game. 

Ever since my beloved Friends ended in 2004, I had been looking for another sitcom that would not take it's place (nothing ever could) but that would be a similar watching experience. I stumbled across How I Met Your Mother in 2010. Ironically, it started it 2005 (right after Friends ended, more or less), but I had never seen it. Just think, I could have been enjoying it all these years, but I guess I needed my grieving time for Friends. Anyway, Tony and I really got into HIMYM so we bought all 5 seasons and watched them in succession. Season 6 is currently airing on tv but we will wait until it comes out on DVD and just go from there! :)

1 comments:

ErinRidings said...

Do you watch Big Bang Theory? It's so good, too! I almost prefer it over HIMYM these days... Almost :)

And... yay! for the comments working now! :)