1.18.2011

30 Day Photo Challenge - Day Seventeen

Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently.

I just finished reading this book, "It Sucked and Then I Cried" about a woman (who's a famous blogger) and her first pregnancy - the 9 months of pregnancy and the 9 months after. It is SO honest and blunt. It's hilarious while detailing the realities of everything involved in being a mother. I enjoyed it thoroughly. If you know me, you know that I really want to have children but I'm absolutely terrified of giving birth. Hearing everyone's stories doesnt really make it easier but I just have to remember that everyone's experience is different, and there's no way I can predict what my own will be like. I have to ultimately stop worrying so much and try to enjoy it when the time comes. In the meantime, this book opened up my eyes on the true ups and downs of getting pregnant and having a child and it made me realize how much I really do want to have my own kids because the love that results is amazing =]


This book is entertaining and interesting for everyone to read! I'm currently rereading it to Tony and he actually enjoys it quite a bit! I think it opens up his eyes to what a woman goes through during that special time in her life (and maybe he can be somewhat prepared for when it happens for us). I think mothers and soon to be mothers will really like this book. If you're reading this, Beth & Christal, I think both of you would get a kick out of it!!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I actually read her blog all the time and from what I've heard, the book is basically the blog. Do you read it? dooce.com :]

Danielle said...

Yes I do! I looked it up when I first got the book. I found it in a $2 bin at Borders :) She's hilarious! I also found this great site for animal portraits on canvas... they're REALLY awesome. I want to get a couple! She had a photo with the ones she received from the artist of her dog Chuck :)