4.17.2011

Nursery Fantasies

Okay, so some of you have been asking me what my ideas are for a nursery. Well, what I know I want is modern vintage. It's hard to exactly describe what I'm thinking but I have found some pictures that can help shape what's going through my mind. For the nursery, I want something that is not too kiddish; no jungle animals or cartoon themes - you know, the typical "baby room." I know it's going to be a baby's room and there will be things in there that scream "CHILD!" but I figure this is the only time that I get to pick what the room looks like. When he or she gets old enough, they'll start deciding what they like and dont like and the room will suddenly be covered in dinosaurs or Dora the Explorer. So for now, this is "what mommy likes, mommy gets" time :) It will be like that with how we dress them and their accessories (car seat, stroller, etc) too. Just fun things, outfits, and whatnot that we get to pick for them. So back to the nursery - basically I love clean lines, fairly neutral, with a vintage twist. Below are pictures of certain items that I'm fond of and some full on styles that almost hit the nail on the head. I will describe why I like or the exact item that I'm liking above each picture. 

The first two pictures give off examples of the clean lines I like:



These two are examples of nurseries I like with a pop of color - in other words, this is what I would be willing to do with color:



I ADORE this whole setup. I want want want this crib like you wouldnt believe. But I have no idea where to get it and I've searched everywhere (this picture was an ad for the bedding):


I have always wanted to put the child's name somewhere in the nursery / room and I feel like the decals or paint on the wall are overdone. I love the idea of wooden letters on a shelf like this and will probably end up doing this exact thing. It can carry over as the child gets older too:


And finally, my mom and I have been talking about a baby shower (which we will probably have in July or August) and so I was looking at some invites and found this one that I really like. Vintage and simplistic with a giraffe (I know, I know, sooooo me and there has to be one somewhere, right??) = perfect:


So that's what I've got in mind. If anyone finds the crib that I love, please tell me! I've searched high and low (multiple times, for hours) but if you can find it, I would love you forever. Tony and I have actually found a crib that we will probably be going with (a DaVinci 4-in-1 crib in cherry) but I'd still love to find the black one above.

0 comments: