4.19.2011

50 / 50

Being as how we're about a week from finding out the sex of our baby, I'm growing more and more anxious each day. I'm seriously so excited for either - boy or girl. I've looked at both boy and girl clothes and ideas for nurseries, so that I can entertain the thought of having either. I know Tony is leaning towards a girl (and he's sticking with that prediction) but I'm still torn. I really feel 50 / 50 right now. One day I feel really strongly it's a girl and the next, I'm sure it's a boy. I'll be shocked no matter what it is! Haha. Tony and I did look up a couple things on the web to try to "predict" what it will be just for fun. I did an old wives tales quiz and these were the questions and my answers:

1) How are you carrying?
- High
- Low
* High (I wasnt sure on this one actually but Tony thinks I'm carrying high so we went with that).

2) What are you craving?
- Salty
- Sweet
* Sweet (I crave healthy foods overall but if it's between salty and sweet, I probably crave sweet more because of ice cream).

3) My baby's heartbeat is:
- Above 140 beats per minute
- Below 140 beats per minute
- Above (At my last two appointments, it was between 150 and 160).

4) The color of my urine is:
- Dull yellow
- Bright yellow
* Dull yellow (Sorry if it's TMI).

5) Which direction does your pillow face?
- South
- North
* South (Tony had to inform me of this).

6) Was the month of your conception:
- Even
- Odd
* Even (December) 

7) Are your feet:
- Not colder than before
- Colder than before
* Not colder than before (My feet have always been cold to the touch, though I dont really ever feel it physically).

8) Does the hair on your legs grow:
- The same as before pregnancy
- Faster
* Same (Truthfully, I dont shave my legs as often as I did before because already it's exhausting, but I dont really notice a difference in hair growth).

9) Do you eat the heel of a loaf of bread?
- No way!
- Love it!
* No way! (I've never eaten the heel actually - never really wanted it if I had a choice).

10) Has your breast development been dramatic in pregnancy?
- Not really
- Yes!
* Yes... (Again, sorry for TMI but everything in pregnancy is basically TMI!! I'll be going into my 5th month of pregnancy soon and so far, I have noticed a big enough difference and there's still more to come so...)

RESULT:

According to the Old Wives, it's a girl!

We also looked up the Chinese Lunar Calendar, which I had never seen before. This is what was said above it:

Legend has it that this chart was found in an ancient tomb in China and is supposedly based on the Chinese Lunar Calendar. By using the mother's age at conception and the month of conception, supposedly you can determine with 100% accuracy if your baby is a boy or a girl.


Our result, based on my age of 22 (at conception and still currently) and the month of conception (December), was GIRL!

There is a link from that site to share with others if it worked for you and lots of people posted that it turned out true and completely correct for them. Interesting....
  
Of course, we both know that these are not reliable, but they were fun to take a peek at! The countdown is on!

0 comments: