4.25.2011

Happy Birthday, Mama

Those of you that know me, know that my mom passed away when I was 6 years old. Today would have been her birthday. She would have been 54 years old today if cancer hadnt taken her. Unfortunately, I was so young that I dont have many memories of her. However, I do remember Disneyland (it's why it really is such a special place for me and I hope to share it with my kid(s) someday soon too). I also remember her working out to Sweatin With The Oldies. I remember her loving The Price Is Right and getting me hooked on Full House as a kid (it became one of my favorite shows ever and it always brings back good memories when I watch it). And finally, I remember when she gave me a pair of boots that I absolutely adored for my birthday. She was so sick at that time and was laying in bed for most of my party but she stole me away for a moment and presented me with the boots. I will never forget that and the hug we shared before I went back to my friends. 

Here are a couple pics that I would like to share. The first is my grandpa's mother (Nanny), my mom's mother (Granny), my mom, and I. The second is my mom with my brother and I. 



I love you, Mama, and I miss you. I hate the fact that you never got to be involved in any of my big moments in life - school events, church events, prom, boyfriends, graduation, college, moving, friends, birthdays, holidays, engagement, wedding, and now having a baby. I know you are watching over me and smiling from above, but I always wonder what my life would be like had you been there. You will always be remembered and your memory kept alive. You can count on that.

0 comments: