4.27.2011

And The Verdict Is...

We are happy to announce that we are having a little GIRL!!! :)

We went in for my appointment today and it was crazy! We only waited for like 5 minutes before we went in (and we got there 20 minutes early)! I had to fill out this questionaire that basically asked if Tony and I were cousins or related in any way. Then I laid down on the bed and started the anatomy ultrasound. As soon as our baby came on the screen, Tony's hand tightened around mine. It was so surreal. The tech moved all around my tummy and pointed out all the different parts - legs, arms, feet, spine, head, etc. I had drank a lot of fluids (because I was told it would help to view the baby better to find out the sex) so I was cringing while she was pushing into my tummy and bladder. When it came time to figure out the sex, it took some work. Our little sea monkey was curled up (despite all the beverages I drank) and basically wouldnt allow us to see what was going on down there. The tech kept pushing on my belly trying to get baby to turn around or something. She guessed it was a girl but said that she would send in a doctor to take a look. The doctor's assistant came in next and continued the ultrasound. She got some good profile shots and we saw our baby making sucking movements with it's mouth! It was insane to see that going on in there. The assistant started pushing more and more on my belly to get the best view and little baby was kicking like crazy - it was the first time I felt a legitimate kick (I've mostly been feeling flutters)! It was so crazy to see a kick on the screen and then feel it in my stomach. The assistant then said that she was 95% sure it was a girl (she couldnt get the best view no matter how hard she tried but she said she just didnt see much going on between the legs). Finally, the doctor came in and started raving about how good I was taking care of this little baby. He said everything looked absolutely great and everything was in the right place as it should be. I was so relieved to hear that!!! He then tried to look at the sex as well and said he was pretty certain it was a girl, but keep the gift receipts in case it comes out a boy! ;) At the end of the appointment, we were told to embrace the girl - so we are! I'm even more sure that it's a girl because she was so modest with her legs all closed like that - heehee. She also had her hands balled into fists so I think she'll be tough but sweet; she'll be a good girl who can punch you out if you cross her the wrong way ;) The tech then put all the pictures onto a disc for us to take home. 

We got home and put in the disc....only to find out that it was a blank disc. None of the pictures had transferred onto it! So we called the office and they said they would have a copy of it waiting for us when we came in for my next appointment (May 10th). So that was kind of a bummer, but we'll have them soon enough and I'll post them then. 

Tony felt like all along it was going to be a girl. The majority of my friends and family thought it was a girl. I was 50 / 50. But maybe the old wives tales are right because they all pointed toward a girl too. So we are proud, excited, and blessed to announce that we have a little girl on the way!

0 comments: