3.09.2011

Do I Have To???

I have an appointment tomorrow at OHSU - the dreaded physical. Ugh. Like I've said before, I'm so NOT a fan of anything hospital or doctor - related. Gag me with a spoon now. I just get nervous feelings whenever I'm around such a place, even if it's for nothing bad! So I have a typical appointment to get all checked out tomorrow at 1:45. Thank God I have the Zofran so I dont have to feel sick through it. But that still doesnt stop the nerves. I'm also getting a flu shot so I can stop worrying about that. Hey, I'm a a first time expectant mom to be - I'm a worrier! Haha. I think I'm also partly nervous going in because it STILL doesnt feel like I'm pregnant. I mean, it does to an extent (something is DEFINITELY going on with me and there are intense changes) but because there have been no ultrasounds, I'm not really showing - just a little extra gained weight so far - and I dont know if it's a boy or a girl, it's just made it more difficult to really believe I've got something cooking in there! Crazy, I know, but it needs a bit more time to sink in, I suppose. 

It's amazing to think how much I have always wanted kids and yet I cant stand going to the doctor and I'm terrified of giving birth. So prayers would be appreciated for tomorrow so I can just get through it. Thanks so much. 

2 comments:

Judy said...

Just wait until you feel the first kick!
I will keep you in mind if we ever need doggy daycare

Christal said...

Ack, I hate physicals. I actually had to get "girl exams" a grand spankin' total of 4x!!! during my pregnancy because I'm "abnormal" lol... I tell you what though, now it's really now big deal. But yep, you'll have to get used to getting felt up!