2.02.2011

Positive!

So as most of you know, I've been incredibly sick the last week. Well, there IS a reason to the madness..... I am indeed pregnant! We found out a few weeks ago. I had no morning sickness whatsoever until last week. And let me tell you, it's ALL DAY SICKNESS. This is seriously the sickest I have ever been. I'm so queasy that I can hardly eat anything. I've been munching on Ritz crackers, grapes, apples, water, and Sierra Mist. I havent officially thrown up, as I havent eaten much, but I have dry heaved quite a few times. I hadnt seen the outside of my bedroom for 3 days until tonight (and I was still pretty dang queasy). Taking a shower is a chore. I can barely make it through. To think I could have weeks more of this freaks me out. I have so much to do and no time! I'm constantly worrying about the house and laundry and errands and all that stuff that I know wont matter if I do it next week. But then there's my little sister's birthday, Tony's birthday, Valentine's Day, and house-hunting (which we have a time crunch on) and all that is a little more unnerving. So lots of prayers that I can get over this quickly! I would appreciate it. 

I'm already taking the prenatal vitamins - they are gummy vitamins since I already have such a hard time swallowing pills (and the nausea doesnt make it any easier). They taste like candy and are perfect for me right now. As for the doctor, I havent officially been yet (appointment coming up SOON!) but I have taken 5 tests, of all different brands, digital and non-digital, I've missed my period, I'm EXTREMELY sick, and I've been breaking out (which is also no fun). So I'm pretty positive we've got something cooking in there ;) Me being me though, wont be satisfied until confirmation from the doctor - haha. But dont worry, I'm doing everything I can to make sure this baby is healthy. 

Tony got me the book I always wanted when I was to get pregnant: What To Expect When You're Expecting. He also got me What To Expect: Eating Well When You're Expecting. They've been lifesavers. They've answered all my nervous questions. My main one was: I'm so sick, I can hardly eat for one. How am I supposed to eat for two? And it told me that 75% of women have morning sickness like I have and that it's even common to lose weight in the first trimester. It told me to try to munch on something as often as I could, even if it was crackers, but if I cant, at least take the vitamins. They will provide all the nutrients that my baby needs right now and there will be plenty of time to gain the weight I need in the second and third trimesters. So that calmed me down a little bit. So I'm trying my hardest, guys! :) If I'm not responding to your phone calls, texts, or emails right away, this is why - I'm just super sick.

As for what everyone's feeling over here... we are SO excited!!!! =] Everyone knows how much I have wanted children.... But I am also freaked out. I'm still getting used to the idea of my body changing and all these new feelings, and of course, after the fact: having a newborn to take care of! It's all so overwhelming and thrilling, something I've been preparing for for many years yet all of sudden not feeling prepared for at all! It's crazy. Tony is beside himself. He is so excited, it makes me happy :) He couldnt wait to tell everyone and he's a lot less nervous than I am ;) He has been so supportive and helpful while I've been sick. I cant thank him enough for all he's done so far.

So to sum up, we are thrilled but cant believe it! Prayers are appreciated throughout this time, as I am, of course, a worried frst timer. Everything that feels different freaks me out, but I remain positive because that's the best thing I can do. When I really think about it, I should have no reason to worry. Tony and I are both really healthy, we dont really have any family health problems that are major, and we are not smokers, drinkers, or drug users. It's just first time jitters and I understand that. I'm just a ball of excited nerves. 

Thanks for all your support and we will keep everyone updated! We dont have an exact due date yet (and we'll probably know more when we go to the doctor) but from my calculations, this will be a September baby! My family is joking that he or she will be born on Labor Day..... Haha. Wouldnt that be ironic! 

PS - I know this is blurry, but with my shaking hands, the camera didnt focus too well....Cross means positivo! =]

5 comments:

Beth said...

We're so excited for you, and to be an aunt and uncle! I'm so sad we didn't get a phone call though! Let me know if you have any questions... remember I was just there myself. Oh, and time flies like crazy!

Christal said...

Hey one thing I'd recommend doing if you arent' already is signing up for babycenter.com. They'll send you weekly updates on your baby (i.e. your baby now has fingers and toes and is the size of a grape, etc..." AND they have online communities called birth clubs where you can ask questions and receive answers, look at others questions, pass the time, vent, celebrate, etc. I loved it! Probably when I should've been working I was on BBC (babycenter). Congrats again and even though you will get tons and tons of advice every day, my only advice is listen to yourself and your body. It's YOUR baby after all and your pregnancy is only yours and not like anyone else's. xoxo

Irina H. said...

Dear Danielle!! I don't have a words to tell how excited we are!!! All I can say you are going to be an amazing mom!! Tony called me this morning, but whole Durango already knows! Sorry to hear that you are so sick, but sometimes it is part of the deal or sometimes it means it's a girl!!! Any way,congratulations, you and your little one in our prayers!

Kayde said...

A baby!!! Thats so exciting for you guys I hope I can see the baby! congrats!

Jenn said...

Congrats!
I am sooo excited for you!!
I can't wait till I get in the right point of my life to have children too!
Can't wait to hear all your pregnancy blogs =)