2.11.2011

And The Due Date Is.....

My mom took me to the doctor for my first appointment this morning, up at OHSU. It's really nice in the new Women's Center. But that didnt help with the nausea. Of course, I was sick all morning and it took everything I had to get up, take a shower, get going, and drive all the way down town. But we made it and I didnt throw up the entire time we were out. THANK GOD. I think it's partially due to my fear of doing something humiliating like that in public. I'm just strong - willed, I guess. But that doesnt mean that I felt wonderful - I still felt pretty miserable. But at least we got in there, got registered with all my information in the system, and received a lot of info on all the things I wanted to know about. I had to do a couple tests, including a blood test, which get this: I have never had my blood drawn before. Ever. So that was new. I looked away, not because I'm scared of needles or have a problem with blood, but because I was already feeling so sick, I didnt think I needed that extra dose. When she was done and had me all wrapped up, she realized she had forgotten a vial that she needed to fill so she had to poke me again!! It was lovely. And finally, my approximate due date is September 20th, 2011! Of course, we know that this can go either way, but now we have a more valid date!

Exciting, exciting. I have a fantastic invasive exam on the March 1st, so until then, I will rest up, and hopefully get the medicine they said they would probably prescribe for me *Please, Please!*

My mom got me a Coke slushie (which was recommended by a nurse) and it actually pumped me up a bit! We were able to look at a few stores before I started feeling sick again (which is a HUGE accomplishment - it's the most I've been out since this all started). And after coming home to take a nap, I think Tony and I are going out to eat and to a movie tonight! Yay! Hopefully this lasts because today could just be a fluke... But I will take it for now. We might not have another chance to celebrate his birthday (tomorrow) or Valentine's Day. So thank goodness we can do something tonight!

0 comments: