2.22.2011

A Good Thing?

So after calling in, the doctor finally prescribed me meds. I really wanted Zofran but the insurance companies dont like it and it's like $500 a bottle. Ugh. So I was prescribed Phenergan, which is a sleep aid. I'm nervous to take it because even though my doctor recommended it, it says that it has not been proven to be completely safe for pregnant women and that it can also affect breastfeeding. With me already being nervous with meds in general, that's not a good thing for me to hear. However, Tony is picking it up tonight and I will go from there. We did pick up some Vitamin B6 and Unisom, as also referred by my doctor. I have a taken a couple Unisom pills and so far, they seem to take away the nausea pretty good but they also make me extremely lethargic so I have absolutely no energy. It's basically taking away one thing and giving me another. I still cant function right one way or another. I so badly want to get up and clean my house! Just to do something! So I will keep trying things and hopefully we hit the nail on the head with something soon!

Thanks for all your wishes and prayers during this time. They are much appreciated :)

1 comments:

ErinRidings said...

I have taken Phenergan a lot. Obviously, I can't speak to the pregnant part, but I remember it being pretty effective for the nausea.