4.25.2012

~ Remembering Tanna ~

I've written a few posts before about my mom, some in depth and detail, others just as passing thoughts. But for this one, I simply want to remember her (as best as I can, considering I was 6 years old when she passed away). I know she was a beautiful woman and had a wonderful sense of humor. I like to think I inherited both of those traits ;) Well, I certainly know that my daughter has inherited them and I can only attribute that to my mom. 

As Anistynn gets older, I plan on telling her all about my mom, her grandma in Heaven, whatever I can. She, of course, is loved dearly by my mom, Cheryl, but I want her to know all about her angel grandma too. Tony's mom passed away as well, but you can bet that she will also be spoken about and Anistynn will know both ladies who were so important in her parent's lives. With the chaos of Anistynn being born and the holidays last year, we didnt think to "celebrate" Aimee's (Tony's mom) birthday. But we have decided that we want to do that for both of our moms with Anistynn every year now. This year, we went and got my mom white roses. They are sitting in our home reminding us of her every time we look at them and bringing life and her spirit into the room with us. I also showed Anistynn a picture of her today and it brought tears to my eyes to see her running her fingers over the frame. I KNOW that our moms would have cherished this little girl so much. She is a carbon copy of me (or so I've heard....) with Tony's peach fuzz hair. I often wish I had my mom to turn to at times and I can only wonder and imagine how things would be now if she were here. But my life would be completely different too and I cant imagine not having Josh and Lia as my brother and sister, possibly not having met Tony, etc. It would just be completely different. But I wish I had gotten to know her better. The best way I can celebrate her life is to continue to talk about her, share her with the world, and keep the memories I have of her alive. 

* Mom, you are incredibly missed, but never forgotten. Sending love above to you, as I know you constantly send it to us, showing us most importantly in helping our baby girl enter our lives. Thank you for everything. lovelovelovelovelove <3



0 comments: