4.20.2012

Baby Dedication

So Anistynn finally got to have her baby dedication at church! It's typically done soon after the baby is born, but there were changes going on in the Children's Ministry at the time, as well as all the holidays, so it just got pushed back. Luckily, as Shelley (who organized the whole event and did a GREAT job) said, there are no statute of limitations on baby dedications ;) So, one day before she turned 7 months, Anistynn had it! :) 

It was nice. Besides my parents and Josh and Lia (who usually go to church with us), my grandparents and aunt and uncle came too! After Shelley called us up to the front (my whole family got up to go), they showed some pictures of Anistynn through the months until now so that pople could see her growth. It was funny because Shelley said, "There are some pictures on the screen so that you can see how Anistynn has changed through the years..." and then she caught herself and corrected it - but it was sooo funny! Once we were all settled, Mark and Lori spoke words of blessing to Tony and I. They were very nice and almost had me crying, but I stood strong! ;) It's nice to know we have such wonderful people in our lives. The Allen took Anistynn to speak words of blessing to her. I loved how he groaned when I gave her to him and he said, "You're definitely not a newborn anymore!" Bahaha. She was hilarious while he talked to her because she kept starting straight at him, like she was really listening intently, and she stroked his face a couple times. Haha so funny. Then John had Tony and I take a Parent's Pledge. Then Shelley had the kids in the congregation stand up and do a Children's Pledge. And finally, Dan had the congregation stand and do the Congregational Pledge. Everyone started singing Step By Step and we got to pin a patch for Anistynn. Members of East County get to pin patches for special events - I have one for my baptism and Tony and I have one for our marriage. Now we have one for Anistynn's birth! 

After church, we wnt to Chang's to eat and Anistynn took a nap. It was a great day and it was beautiful outside too, weather wise! Take a look at some pics:




















0 comments: