5.07.2012

DLD

As most of you know, I am not only a full time mama but a pet sitter when the animals are calling my name! :) I am the owner of Danielle's Little Darlings and I provide cat care, dog care, dog walking, overnights, and transportation. Getting clients all depends on who needs it, who can pay to have their animals watched, and time of year. I started my business in 2010, when Tony and I moved back to Oregon from Colorado. It was a great thing to make some money on the side of Tony's full time job and my part time job as a Leasing Consultant. After all, we were planning a wedding and needed all the extra money we could get! I found that lots of people needed care for their pets and I had such a fun time getting to know all the different cats and dogs. I have always been an animal lover so this just seemed to fit me perfectly. At the beginning of 2011, we learned that we were expecting our soon to be little Anistynn Grace, and almost right from the get go, I got reeeeeeally sick. Needless to say, I kind of had to cut contact while I tried to survive each slowly passing day. Finally after being prescribed Zofran in my 14th week, and after being on it for a while and letting my system get used to it, I was able to get back out there and do some pet sitting and dog walking. I had to limit myself though because I still remained nauseous throughout my entire pregnancy and my belly was ever expanding and I couldnt put too much strain on myself. The last job I performed was taking care of 2 black labs, Bear and Daisy, in August for 2 weeks. I was 8 months pregnant and I got out there every single day and took both dogs for a walk. I was pretty proud of myself.

After I had Anistynn, I had to take it easy for 6 weeks because I had a C Section. I also spent about 6 months not doing any pet sitting because I was spending time with my baby girl and getting used to her and her needs. Now that I'm pretty comfortable with knowing her personality, I have stepped back into the world of pets! It's Spring and the weather is finally nice out so it was time for the dog walking to begin! I started out with caring for Bear and Daisy yet again (seemed right) for 5 days. I loved getting back in the grove and getting outside for a walk (or even two) every day! I brought Anistynn over a few times and Tony came over with her to visit me. I didnt want to break her routine at home so she spent evenings and nights with Tony, then hung out with me while he was at work. It was the first time I have ever been away from Anistynn at night and it was really hard for me. I was quite emotional about it. I have been with her every single night of her life since birth. It wasnt that I didnt trust Tony, it's just that I was used to looking over at her throughout the night and now I didnt have that. It all worked out okay though. And I made money to buy Anistynn some summer clothes and a monitor for her room (which we have been wanting!) so yay!

I wanted to share some pictures from the visit:















If you or anyone you know is interested in having someone care for their pets, either while they're at work or on a vacation, please dont hesitate to let them know about me! I can just get your dog out on a walk while you're at work, I can do daily visits, I can take your pet to the vet if you are busy, and I am available for overnights! You can check out my website HERE or find me on Facebook - link is to the right, here on my blog ---------->

Thanks and I look forward to serving you and your pets!

0 comments: