4.21.2012

Jumping On The Food Train!

A Picture & Video Blog!

So at the beginning of April, Anistynn started solids :) I was so excited, but also a little sad to realize that she was already old enough to be eating solids! For my own personal reasons, I wanted to wait until she was 6 months old. As soon as she met that mark, we got started. Thanks to WIC, we were able to get all of her food from the store for free. WIC is really a wonderful thing. We also finally got Anistynn a high chair! It's a cute Graco one - vintage black and white design, and it folds up really nicely for storage (a great feature while we live in a smaller apartment).




The first thing she tried was rice cereal. She didnt take too well to it - probably because it was bland.


 She then tried her first veggie - green beans! She LOVED them. It shocked me how much she ate (half a jar) on her first go. I expected maybe a teaspoon throughout the whole day, as that's what I was told was a possibility. But she took to it great. And with minimal mess, too! I cant believe she swallowed everything so nicely. 





She also tried her first sips of water that night - she also wasnt too fond of that either, maybe because it was cold and probably because it had no taste. You'll also notice that she is drinking from a regular cup; I really want her to learn to because my plan is to have her drink from a regular cup at a home and only drink from a sippy cup while we are out and about (obviously to save on mess purposes).


We also taped her eating sweet potatoes:






Here she is trying a sippy cup for the first time; she wanted to hold it with one hand (like she does with her bottles a lot). She knew what to do essentially, but was sucking it so hard to get it out. She just has to learn to pace herself with it and then I think she'll be good. I just put formula in it for now because she doesnt seem taken with water yet haha. 




My goal was to introduce veggies first and go through all of them, then introduce fruit. Fruit is sweeter and I figured that she would prefer those over bland veggies so I just wanted to be on the safe side. But when we finally fed her a fruit - apples - she actually hesitated! It must have been a little tart for her or something haha. We have plenty of fruits to go but I just thought it was funny that she downed the veggies so quick but hesitated with fruit! ;)



Here's a couple pictures of Anistynn eating out and about somewhere else besides home. My mom was watching her one day and they went to Burger King. They just took her Bumbo chair in and fed her sweet potatoes on the table! Haha!





And finally, here she is eating a Baby Mum Mum. I found out about these because I actually found a coupon for them. They are little wafers that basically dissolve in baby's mouth. They have Original (which is rice flavored), Vegetable, and Banana. So I just got all 3 of them to see how she likes them! She tried a rice one and didnt seem to love it (rice cereal + rice wafer = connection?); but we tried a vegetable one later and she seemed to have more success with that. We'll try banana later! I think she just has to get used to the fact that what she is putting in her own mouth is actually food she can eat (as opposed to toys she can chew) and then she'll be golden.




So tons of good strides going on in the food world for Miss Anistynn! This is only the beginning.... :)

0 comments: