1.09.2012

Updates!

I think it's time for some much needed updates from the Hermesman household!

~ The number one thing that's going on is that it looks like Anistynn is teething. I cant feel anything on her gums yet but there are some signs that this is what might be happening:
- She bursts out crying multiple times throughout the night (she doesnt wake up, just cries for about 10 seconds or less and then goes right back to sleep), and I've had a few people tell me their kiddos did that when they started teething too.
- She drools EVERYWHERE.
- She likes her bottles cold.
- She wants to obviously eat but pushes the bottle away a lot now (she does still eat enough though so no worries - it just doesnt seem to be as enjoyable for her currently). 

She doesnt seem to be into teethers much, at least not yet. She chews on them for a bit then she's done with them haha. We have regular teethers, ones you can chill, ones that are shaped like pacifiers, and some teether toy type things. We have Childrens Tylenol but we havent used it yet (in fact, she's only taken medicine once, right after her first set of shots at 2 months when she ran a slight fever). I know there's not a lot I can do and I just have to let her cry and be upset at times. I'll just try to be there for her as much as I can, but if there's any way I can minimize any discomfort she's having, then I will!!! She pretty much just wants to stick with me all day. I think I'm okay with that :)

~ The Bachelor premiered and for those of you who know me well, I've watched this show for years!! Haha. It seems like it will be an interesting season and there are some crazy ladies on there for sure!

~ Along with Tony working full time as a warehouse manager (and doing photography on the side), he has picked up a side job delivering pizzas at Papa John's. It's a plus for me because I looooove me some pizza!! However, it does mean he'll be gone a bit more (he'll be working evenings and at least one weekend day, although we dont know his schedule for sure yet) and that's a bummer :( But bless his heart, he's supporting his family. I'm so so so grateful for him and all he does; he allows me to be home with baby girl and while I know he would love to be here too, we agree that it's important for at least one parent to be with her the majority of the time. As long as we are blessed enough to be able to do that, we will. Can I just say I love my husband?? What a good husby and daddy!

~ My best friend is due with her baby boy in March and it's getting closer and closer! I am so excited for her! I love that we can live out through each others babies since I have a girl and she will have a boy. So fun. The only sucky thing is that she lives in Canada. Tony and I hope to be able to go visit her there as soon as we can. It would be nice to see her, the babe, and to see Canada, as I have never been there before and I always enjoy traveling to new places. Gosh, I just want to hold her little guy!! I cant wait to see him (at least in pictures for now). He will be so loved.

~ My brother-in-law and sister-in-law are expecting their second child in July! They already have a son, Kemper (Anistynn's only cousin on both sides of the family), and he's almost 3 years old. We are so excited for them and we cant wait to hear what they are having :)

~ I havent started running yet (since the weather has been sucky and I've been dealing with lady issues) but next week will be the week! I'm excited!

~ Tony's aunt, Valerie, is flying in this weekend to meet Anistynn and visit. We are excited to see her and catch up!!

~ Tony is now part of a photography group called The Snap Pack. It's a local group of photographers who get together monthly and talk about all kinds of things. Tony went to his first meeting tonight and he had a blast. He wants me to go with him next time so he can introduce me to everyone (he said a couple of girls brought their husbands tonight with them). It's so awesome that he has a place to discuss all things photography, get tips and advice, and just get to know others in the area with the same passion and hobby / work. We actually found this through the photographer we used for our family Christmas photos, Heather Fitch of HF Photography. Tony struck up a conversation with her during our session and she let him in on her group. Pretty awesome! We will continue using her for our photo sessions, I think. She's great.

~ Speaking of photography, our camera ended up breaking :( I dropped it on our walk the other week and it screwed up the sensor. We lost it while we were in Durango and I was so stressed and now I broke it for good haha. Lovely. I've had it for 2 years (Tony bought it for me when we first moved back to Oregon). This forced us to go get a new one (I have a baby in the house and I kind of have to document her) so we headed over to Best Buy to check out the Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 HS, based on the recommendation from a friend. All I wanted was something small, fairly inexpensive, and easy to use. It sure seemed to be that but we actually ended up going with a slightly newer version of it, the 310, and it's great!!! Crisp clear pictures and it's super pretty (the whole thing is bright purple). I'm super stoked!


~ And of course, there are new pictures. Always. Enjoy!
 










































0 comments: