1.18.2012

Catching Up....

I never imagined how hard it would be not to blog. I mean, I totally have the option (and in a way, it's been less stress to not blog every single day), but so much seems to happen that I want to share or inquire about and then it all builds up to make one huge blog when I finally have time to do it!

So let me catch you back up to date:

~ Anistynn attended her first double feature (Happy Feet 2 and Jack & Jill) on Friday the 13th no less, at the Mt Hood theater. She was great! She cried a little during the intermission but she was good after a diaper change :) She just watched and watched those movies. So cute.
~ Tony's aunt, Valerie, flew in from California to meet Anistynn and visit with us and my family. She stayed up at my parent's house (although she stayed with us the last night because of the snowfall up on their hill!) and we had a great weekend with her. We went to eat at Chang's and The Rock. We walked Hawthorne and picked up some fun gifts and books at Powell's. She gave us mini cupcakes from Bella Cupcake! We hung out at my parent's house and ate food and visited late into the evenings on a couple of occasions. And Tony and Valerie took Anistynn and went downtown Portland to take pictures for Tony's portfolio and to catch up and visit. I'm so glad Anistynn got to meet her "Honorary Grandma" (Valerie is Tony's mom's only sibling and she passed in 2009, never getting to meet Anistynn). We had such a fun time! Short but sweet :)
- One of the best moments during the weekend with Valerie was when Anistynn laughed!! She's laughed a couple times before, but both times I was holding her and didnt get to see, and it was only for a short time; a quick laugh. Well, we were at my parent's house and Anistynn had just woken up and been changed. Tony walked over with her to the table where we were all sitting and she looked around at each of us and then focused in on me... and just started laughing! And I mean, really laughing! Big belly laughs lasting forever. She kept going and going. I was in such shock and I didnt expect it at all, that I was just stunned for a moment - then I started crying!!! I had never seen her do that before and it was amazing. Gosh, I love that little girl.
~ Anistynn turned 4 months on the 16th and it came along with her first cold. She was all stuffy and sniffling but bless her heart, she kept smiling through it all :) She is such a sweet baby girl.
~ It snowed last night! It's melting today but I am so thankful for that moment. I love love love looking out the window and seeing the flakes falling. Such a warm feeling (even though it's cold snow) and it puts peace in my heart. Everything is so pure and serene when it snows. 
~ Today was Anistynn's 4 month check up, which meant her second round of shots :( This mama is soooo nervous for things like that. I thought I was bad with going to the doctor but it turns out that I'm more nervous to take my baby there!! I've just got to toughen up so I can be strong for her. I got through a C-Section in order to have her arrive here as safely as possible; I can get through taking her to get her shots because I know its what's best and is wayyy better than having a sick baby. But still, it's not easy. She did really well though today... at least, so far. She was fine getting her stats all taken and she even started smiling and laughing at the doctor!! Crack me up! But when we had to put her down for her physical check up from the doctor, she started crying. It could have been because she was comfy in daddy's arms, I'm not sure. Then right when we got her calmed down, in came the nurse with the shots, of course. Anistynn took the oral one just fine, but cried her little eyes out when they poked. Twice. One in each leg. It's breaks this mama's heart to see her cry from something that hurt her and I know what it was that did it. She did well though, considering. As soon as we got her packed up in her car seat, she stopped crying and was almost asleep by the time we got to the car. I had to drop off Tony at Papa John's Pizza for his training (he picked up a side job in addition to his full time job as a warehouse manager). Anistynn was already asleep by the time he left. She's still asleep now, about an hour and a half later. Hopefully, she'll be okay.... Last time, she slept for about 4 hours afterward and then woke up screaming and crying. We gave her the correct dosage of Children's Tylenol and she cried for almost an hour. Then she fell asleep again and slept hard through the night. The next day she was lethargic, but fine. We'll see how tonight goes. We have a quiet day planned at home tomorrow, just her and I, so she'll have some recovery time.

Anistynn is now 25 1/2 inches long, 12 lbs, 14 oz, and her head is still growing nicely and on track to fit her huge brain ;) 

Here's some more pictures, as I always have to share the latest:






































0 comments: