8.04.2012

Vink Visit

I miss my bestie already =( We had such a fun time hanging out with them but time is just too quick sometimes. 

Night 1: We just pretty much hung out and let the kiddos get to know each other (they technically met at Channing's blessing and shower last week but this was more one on one interaction). They seemed to like each other and Anistynn was very curious about him. She kept trying to pet him and touch his face :) After the kids went to sleep, we hung out for a little while, watched some funny videos, and ate before heading to bed. 

Day 1: Tony had to go to work so the rest of us hung out, walked to Fred Meyer, Party City, and Starbucks. We shopped, drank some coffee, and got some exercise. We watched New Year's Eve (mmmm Zac Efron!) while waiting for Tony to get off work. 

Night 2: We all went to the Olive Garden. Anistynn had her first official bread stick. She lived it - she ate a whole one! We let her indulge ;) Something odd happened though... I started to feel really weird near the end of our meal. I felt dizzy, my vision got a bit blurry, tingles ran up and down my body, and I seriously felt like I might have passed out. I know my body and I try to listen to it and something was off. I had to tell Tony in case something happened... I was that nervous about it. I eventually got up and went outside for some fresh air. Kim and I were supposed to go have a girls night (we had planned on seeing Step Up: Revolution) but on the drive home, I started to feel like I had at the restaurant. It was weirding me out... I felt like I couldnt even talk - I had to force myself to talk, if that makes sense. My heart was beating sooo fast. Even an hour after we got home, Tony felt my heart beat and was like, "Dang, babe!" The only thing we can figure out is the drink I ordered... it was a Summer Strawberry Sparkler (non alcoholic). It was good but it was really sugary. It was one of those drinks where you feel like you're drinking a lot but there's barely anything gone from the glass haha. Well, I started to down it near the end of our meal and it was slightly after that when I started to feel odd. Tony thinks it was a sugar rush. I've never had one before so I wouldnt know what it feels like. Anybody in the blogosphere ever experience that out there? Anyway, it caused us to not be able to go out =( so we just stayed at home and watched Fired Up.

Day 2: Zoo! It was both Channing and Anistynn's first time to go. We had a blast looking at all the animals. Channing took some power naps and was awake off and on. Anistynn was up the whole time, save for about 20 minutes. Annnnd that 20 minutes happened to be when we saw the giraffes. They're only my favorite..... sigh. Ah well. We still took pictures anyway. She literally fell asleep right before we got there and woke up soon after. Such is life. We also had some photo booth shots done of our little family of 3 and we got Anistynn a stuffed giraffe with purple accents from the gift shop. Kim and Ben presented me with a beautiful glass giraffe for my birthday (which is on Monday the 6th). Anistynn saying good bye to Channing was just absolutely adorable. She was kissing him on the head... gah both such sweet babies! I'm so glad they could meet. 

It's sad that we dont live closer (they were in from Canada) but hopefully our families get to see each other once a year. And in between there will be Facebook and snail mail and packages. And Anistynn and Channing will be the best of pen pals ;) 






















































































0 comments: