5.13.2012

My First OFFICIAL Mother's Day!!!

I now have the opportunity to celebrate Mother's Day! This year was my first official Mother's Day. Technically I was pregnant last year (about 4 1/2 months along) but I was so sick, I'd rather not remember it haha. I actually threw up that very morning in the car on the way to church. Lovely times indeed.

BUT from all that sickness, I got the greatest gift I could ever hope for - Miss Anistynn Grace! I was so excited and thankful to be celebrating Mother's Day that I actually went and got Anistynn a gift for allowing me to :) I got her The Potty Book (yes, I know it's early, but we have high hopes). I HAD to get it because it focused on a little redheaded girl learning to use the potty! I also got her a stuffed giraffe ball, which she loved. 

To celebrate, we went to church and then to my grandma's house to hang out with the whole family. Here are some pictures from the day:











I also received some thoughtful gifts and cards - I feel so loved! I got cards from my family and Tony's family, as well as some Daisies from my mom:


Irina (my mother-in-law) sent me a wonderful book too! It's a scrapbook of sorts that I'm to fill out and store some memories from my past in there to give to my children. I love it! I wish I had something like that from my mom so that I could have turned to it when I missed her growing up and I could have gotten to know her better. 


Tony had flowers sent to me while he was in his photography class on Saturday - they were 'from' Anistynn for Mother's Day! Soooo sweet!


And finally, Tony gave me a framed picture of Anistynn reading in the bath (one of my favorites). He painted the frame with a vintage pattern on it and attached an 'A' with the same pattern. He also drew me a card (I love when he does that). It has a mama mushroom and a baby mushroom on the front and the baby says, "Hey Mama, why is the sky blue?" (It was supposed to be in reference to all the many questions Anistynn will no doubt ask me one day). And inside it says, "You are the best answer to life's questions!! Love Toners & Little A!!"



And to top if off, Anistynn decided to crawl for the very first time! She only crawled 3 paces before she laid back down, and lookied around like, "What was I doing?!" Hahahaha. AND she learned to get down from a sitting position and push herself back up to one! What a wonderful first Mother's Day!

0 comments: