5.09.2012

Happy Birthday, Grans! :)

My grandma turned 82 today! As most of you are aware now, you know that my grandma has Alzheimer's. It's been really hard on everyone physically and emotionally, most of all with my grandpa, understandably. I know that she probably wasnt even aware that today was her birthday when she woke up this morning, but that didnt stop us from celebrating. Tony, Anistynn, and I went over there tonight to wish her a happy birthday along with David, Christie, Travis, my dad, Lia, and of course, my grandpa. There was even a special surprise - my grandma's brother and her nephew came all the way from California to be with her on her birthday! How sweet is that?! 

I took some pictures of the festivities - we brought her some white lilies and Anistynn even gave her a purple Hyacinth :) Granny has always loved plants and flowers. I also gave her a card that I thought expressed perfectly how I feel, especially regarding the circumstances:




I love that my grandma is so loved. I'm so very grateful for all the people in her (and our) life who care about her so deeply. 













Happy birthday, Granny! I love you so much, you dont even know. No matter how hard things get with all the curve balls in life, I hope you always know and remember that you have many people who love you and care about you <3 <3

0 comments: