7.07.2012

4th Of July..... And Then Some

Anistynn's first 4th of July went off with a bang (pun totally intended). We spent the first part of the day just lounging around the house (Tony went BMXing with this guy he met in our complex). We then headed up to Corbett for their 4th of July festival and fireworks show. We went with my aunt, some of my cousins, and some of my siblings. We took lots of pictures, ate nummy wood fired pizza and amazing hot dogs, munched on an elephant ear, hung out in the grass on blankets and talked and laughed, met a cute pony named Peaches (Anistynn's forst encounter with a real horse of any kind - so exciting! Hopefully it's just the beginning.....), went on a hay ride, got a balloon animal (giraffe) for Anistynn, ran into my friend, Abby, and her daughter, Harper (a new friend for Anistynn!), and watched the fireworks display. Baby A even got a glow stick! I was worried Anistynn might not like the loud booming noises but she loved it! She talked the whole time and was smiling... and her eyes were so big watching the pretty colors in the sky. Overall, it was a pretty good day. Anistynn got a little bored because she was confined to the blankets on the grass, her stroller, or someone's arms for about 6 hours. But she was a good girl... and boy, did she look cute! We got so many compliments on her outfit. Her lace romper was from A Pocket Full Of Sunshine Boutique and I had her headband custom made by AddieBree Bowtique (my go-to bow maker) to match her outfit. I got the little lace sandals from Atkinson Designs.




































* I'll post Tony's pics from the 4th of July on another post so stay tuned! :)

And..... some other cute happenings!

I found a carousel pacifier (combo pack of 2 plus a pacifier clip!) so I had to snag it. I cant pass up a carousel find (I'll explain more about my love for all things carousel and horses in a future post).



Anistynn tried watermelon and cantaloupe for the first time.... and she didnt love it! Haha. I'll keep trying (as I did with bananas and that is STILL a no go) as she may like it later down the road. But for now, she's not so into it ;)


She did however "feed" herself with a spoon the other day... it was her first time attempting to use a utensil to feed herself with! It is definitely a learning process, that's for sure. What a mess it gets to be! Holy moly. Patience, Mama OCD....


We went to a wedding in the woods for my friend, Hillary, and her now husband, Jordan on the 5th. It was so her and it was lovely. Adorable little details everywhere. Here's some pics from it as well as what Anistynn wore to it:







Daddy and Baby A having fun at the mall (after our FREE movie - The Amazing Spider-Man - courtesy of our life insurance company!):



And to end, a sweet sleepy time photo of Anistynn snoozing away....

0 comments: