12.28.2012

Missing Her

I went to the 40th birthday celebration of my church, East County Church of Christ, and there was a memorial table set up for the members who have passed on. My mom was included on that table. Gina Amburn of Renewed Spaces (and my friend Morgan's mom) set it up and it was beautiful! She had included a framed copy of a poem that I just loved. I immediately thought of my grandma when I read it. I'd really like a copy of it if I can get my hands on it. I'm really missing my grandma lately so I thought it would be an appropriate time to post it. I've also included a photo of my grandma as a child, a rare one as there are basically none of her. I had never even seen this photo until it was found when we were looking for photos for her memorial service. I love it. I miss her so so much. 

I really want to start posting monthly letters to my grandma on here (my way of keeping her spirit alive and a way to vent for me as well) but the holidays have prevented me from doing much. Hopefully the new year will bring some time to start doing that. 



Here's the poem a bit bigger for those of you who cant read the above:

"Remember Me"

Remember me in quiet days
when raindrops whisper on your pane,
but in your memories have no grief
just let the joy we knew remain.

Remember me when evening stars
look down on you with steadfast eyes,
Remember me if once you wake
to catch a glimpse of a red sunrise.

And when your thoughts do turn to me
know that I would not have you cry.
But live for me and laugh for me.
For when you are happy so am I.

Remember an old joke we shared.
Remember me when spring walks by.
Think of me when you are glad,
and while you live, I shall not die.

~ Author Unknown

0 comments: