3.30.2010

Goo Goo for GAGA

I'm FINALLY getting to go to a Lady Gaga concert!!!!!! You have no idea how excited I am. But it was a pain getting tickets. Ugh. I have loved Lady Gaga's music since I first heard it in the spring of 2008 when I stumbled across "Just Dance" on YouTube. I loved it so much (I like any songs about dancing) that by the summer I went and purchased her album. I loved every single song. I knew then that I had just found one of my all time favorite singers. As a rule of thumb, I never ever buy a CD unless I like 5 or more songs on it. Of course, I ended up liking every single song, my favorite being "Paparazzi." It's even my ringback tone. Lady Gaga then started to get really popular, eventually leading to 5 number 1 hit singles. When she announced her tour last year, I wanted to go sooo bad! But of course, the closest one to me was in Las Vegas. With my limited time off work, it was too hard to go. I was really bummed out. But then she announced another unexpected leg of her tour and lo and behold, she would be in PORTLAND, OREGON in August of this year!!!!!!! How convenient is it that I am scheduled to move back there next month?!?


Well, that settled it. I HAD to get tickets. I went online the day they went on sale and they were going so fast I hardly had any time to even play with the system. I knew I didn't want floor tickets [I'm kind of past that whole mosh pit stage] but I didn't want nosebleed seats either. I was hoping for the 200 level at the Rose Quarter. But those went quick. By
the time I had my hands on anything, it was either the highest 300 level seats at $85 a ticket or $175 tickets for the 100 level. Well.....I weighed it out [with the 5 minute countdown ticking away in the corner...] I went to a lot of concerts when I lived in Oregon. I haven't been to ANY since I moved to Durango almost 2 years ago. She's one of the few that I would actually pay my own money to go see right now. And I read in the reviews that it's more of a show this time around instead of a concert, and I love that. So I guess it's no surprise that I bought the better tickets, huh? :) $400 later and this better be a darn good concert! Oh well, happy birthday to me!!

0 comments: