11.01.2012

Halloween! Woot Woot!

As a lot of you know, Halloween is my favorite holiday :) I have always been so excited to have kids to experience Halloween with. Anistynn's first Halloween was kind of moot because she was only 3 months old - we found no costumes for her. Aside from me making one (and let's face it, no one wants that), there were only some cliche costumes available. Pea Pod, farm animals, etc. I didnt care for those so she just wore a Halloween onesie. We went to my grandparent's house and then just hung out at home munching on pepperoni pizza (shaped like a pumpkin) and watching The Nightmare Before Christmas. This year, I knew she would have more of a variety of costumes. Typically my mind goes to intense costumes, ones with lots of little details. But I knew that she wouldnt be able to handle a lot of make up or anything at this age so I started trying to think of something else. I finally had the perfect idea: I could be Cruella and she could be a dalmation puppy! I didnt want to get the usual creepy puppy costume so I had a custom polka dotted tutu with matching leg warmers and headband made by a lady that I found on Etsy. I bought my Cruella costume online too (but I went with the sassy version). We went to our church's Awesome October event that is put on for the kids a couple days before Halloween. And then we went trick or treating with Amanda and Keira on Halloween night. Anistynn got lots of fun treats door to door (for Mama and Daddy, of course!) so it turned out be a pretty fun year. Of course, we stopped by my grandpa's house too, as is tradition :)
























I gave Tony a card. He gave me a card, 2 pairs of Halloween socks, and 2 Reese's pumpkins. And we gave Anistynn a card with finger puppets on it.




And here's a morning after pic of baby girl ;) 

0 comments: